Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

one of my good friends called me today to tell me about a conversation she had with someone i used to know from when i was with my ex. an aquaintence through my eldest really. some one who came to my house when he was still there. she had said my goodness that poor guy he really was left high and dry wasnt he? all that time and left with nothing didnt get a share in the house dosent see his child poor poor him! my friend did correct her assumptions and said well he didnt help her at all when he was there, he was abusive. what do you expect her to do. sometimes you feel like your getting there but you constantly are dealing with negative attitudes. i live in a small town and everyone knows each other. so id say nearly evreyday other day i get looks from people or comments like this. where do people get off when they dont know what went on? it is soo frustrating. im cleaning out my closet and i wont be entertaining this woman again thats for sure xxxx sorry i needed a rant xx

KIP.
      Participant

I don’t like when ‘good friends’ pass on this kind of information. You really don’t need to know what this old acquaintance said. I’d consider telling this friend not to pass on this kind of thing. It’s potentially upsetting and needless gossip x I wouldn’t be passing on this kind of negativity. I would realise it’s not necessary and potentially hurtful for you x

diymum@1
      Participant

shes someone i met in school and i know she can be a little inappropriate at times and i suppose i accept that. i know what you mean. small things really do upset us well me anyway. i wish i could grow a harder skin from this experience but so far i dont. i am very sensitive and always have been criticised for that. but i dont need to feel like this – like people are gossiping x*x thanks kip 🙂

Camel
        Participant

Who told you that being sensitive is a negative personality trait? Is being insensitive better? x

AlwaysSorry
        Participant

Oh Camel. You may have just changed my world with those words. I never ever thought of it like that. Thank you!

Camel
        Participant

Glad to say something useful Always Sorry! x

Actually, my ex used to accuse me of being ‘rational’ to his ’emotional’. Get your head round that one!!! I can laugh now 🙂

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Some people really do take everything they say as the truth and run with it, don’t they. I also think it was very hurtful behaviour in telling you about this because indeed you do not need to feel like this at all. I think it’s a good way you are looking at it though, realising who you want around you and who you don’t. And someone who can show such sympathy towards that awful man is not someone you need to have around you x you’re building a boundary x

Lavenderrose
      Participant

They always see what they want to see. This is one of my fears, the outside judgement xx

diymum@1
      Participant

i think we know our own truth so essentially it dosent matter what she thinks. to relay it back makes me realise maybe shes thriving on the drama which some people love. i dont get that the least drama the better for me! 🙂 over the past few days ive managed to meet up with some friends who have been trough the same. it seems its rife that were judged. my friends child has social anxiety due to what hes witnessed and at one point he got very angry in public. the other mothers looked over and down their noses. we carried on as normal being collective made me feel differently this time. they dont understand and thats ok we have people around us who actually do xxxx and yes being sensitive is a good trait isnt it 🙂

i feel so less and less alone

love diymum

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content