Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Headcook
      Participant

Council won’t award me any additional priority on my application

Wow
      How can they even say this
      Lady over 50 3 dibilitating medical conditions that will slowly worsen that’s without the abuse and living in fear
      They say they are still assessing my application too so may even be refused the list I’m guessing

Can you present to any council as fleeing domestic abuse?? as they say not but I have read you can do exactly this

I’m devastated and even more trapped

Hc

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Head cook, I wanted to offer you some support this morning. I understand that this is not the news you were hoping for. It does still sound as though your application is being assessed. If you are applying to a council outside your home area, how an application is considered can seem to vary unfortunately.

Shelter are housing experts, I am sure that you would find some very useful information on their website.

Best wishes

Lisa

Headcook
      Participant

Thanks Lisa

Have looked in shelter website and is says high priority for wishing to leave abuse
      I am applying to were I lived and have local connection to the area with family living there they said this is why I can apply
      In the first place
      Am waiting for letter I never received to go to friends house and will challenge this if I am able too
      Don’t feel they have looked at this proper and feel like I am being called a liar
      Feel very vulnerable and alone
      Will visit council next week also as they need to no of the escalating events and threats on my life over recent weeks

Hc

KIP.
      Participant

Have you considered an occupation order to have him removed from the property. Or a non molestation order against him? Why should you move out of your home. Have you taken some legal advice. Ring Rights for Women for some free advice.

Headcook
      Participant

Rented property all listed as tenants with equal rights kip

Just don’t understand why no priority at all
      It’s like they totally ignored health and welfare form that should have been in front of them
      Prob don’t get the dynamics of abuse whom ever was on the housing panel
      Waiting for letter hoping it sheds light on how they reached there decision
      Be it the wrong decision
      Shelter England site says high priority if leaving abuse
      So who’s right and who’s wrong

Hc

KIP.
      Participant

If you get a non molestation order it doesn’t matter that he’s on the tenancy. He won’t be allowed in the house or near you.

Headcook
      Participant

Saying not enough proof how it’s affecting my living at the house

Wow

How do you prove what goes on behind closed doors with no witnesses

Even he says my word against his

And to add insult they send it to wrong address

Lost all hope

Headcook
      Participant

And no mention of my medical conditions

Just don’t no how I will prove this
      Should never have blown the lid on 2 decades of abuse from son
      It’s all for nothing

Feel unbelieved
      A liar

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content