Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      kitty
      Participant

My ex has been renting out our house for ages and keeping the money from me. (detail removed by Moderator) is now in jail and his parents were continuing the rental in their role of facilitator (lovely people). Anyways, I just found out my house is empty.
      What should I do?
      Continue with my plan (detail removed by Moderator)
      Change the locks and move back in?
      Rent it out myself to someone?

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, I would take legal advice but if it’s safe to do so I would move back in. Change the locks and get an exclusion order through the court keeping your ex out the property. I’d sell it asap.

kitty
      Participant

My post makes no sense since the moderators have been at it. I give up with this forum!

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

I’m with KIP (if our understanding is correct). Seek legal advice urgently. If there’s a chance you can get your property back then go fight for it.

Good luck

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

agree with ladies find out your legal rights and get bk into property , def change locks and get rented out , find out your rights b4 taking action

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content