Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      True2myself
      Participant

Not sure why I’m here to be honest. Well I do but I dunno.

After (detail removed by moderator) of all abuse except sexual I get so low and he is still here and free and he started being selfish again and I called him a name and he slapped me across face. Am I a bad person. I didn’t mean call him names I just can’t take it. It’s all about his comfort, never mine. I do everything cos he selfish and he admits he’s selfish with pride. Living with crazy

Anonymous
      Inactive

You’re not a bad person at all. But in the end, you end up not liking the person you become.

There’s a bit of a myth that DV victims don’t defend themselves. It’s not true. I defended myself, called him names, even physically defended myself. I’m not proud of it, but we’re not made of stone.

It’s what they do. Push you to your absolute limits and then when they get a reaction, suddenly they’re the victim.

Do you have an escape plan? Talk to WA about that. It won’t get any better and you don’t deserve it.

True2myself
        Participant

He will say…I can’t handle being called names so I do it to her

Anonymous
      Inactive

They’ve got an excuse for everything.

Are you getting any help? Do you have anyone to talk to?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content