Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I try really hard to be positive. I know that no one likes a gloomy gus,but sometimes I just want to be able to talk about how I feel, even if it is no different to how I felt ages ago.

I still blame myself for being hurt, for giving him reasons to hurt me and for not saying that needed to be said (Detail removed by Moderator).

I left so my little one didn’t find out what he was doing to me and now she sees him loads, so I have to try and be positive so she still doesn’t know.

When I try to keep her safe by warning to be careful of bad men, she always lumps my ex in with the good guys and there is nothing I can say.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hey freedoms, sad to say, but one day she’ll see him for what he is😞😞
      Its very hard being positive ALL the time, it’s good we’ve got each other to vent to. I dont know when we stop blaming ourselves but surely it will happen. Well wake up one day and this weight will be gone, and we’ll know it wasn’t us, nothing we did our didnt do, made him be the way he was. That damage was done long before we came on the scene.
      Keep strong mo charaid (my friend), learn from this terrible time and use it to teach the future generations. #NOTALONE
      IWMB 💕💕

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you IWMB. I really hope she never finds out the truth, as then I will feel I failed in protecting her.

One day I hope I make sense 🙇🏽‍♀️

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hello freedoms, i know you want to protect her from the ugly side of humans, but you’ll actually be doing more harm than good. I’m not saying go into the whole details of your abuse, but educate her on how a good relationship should be. Educate her on what is not acceptable behabiour from someone who says they love you. Give her the skills to protect herself when you can’t be there. Because when love hits, we all know she’ll not listen, she’ll think you hate him or her, you dont want her to be happy etc.
      Protect her but by giving her knowledge.
      IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content