Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Genericusername
      Participant

Hello all. Had my head fried, over and over again over the course of a fairly long time. I’m just left with scrabbled mush presently. I need help processing some things, thoughts and feelings I think. X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Genericusername,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find this a safe and supportive place to be.

I’m sure soon others here will come forward and provide insight and relate to how you are feeling.

You may also find it helpful to talk things through with your local domestic abuse service. They provide both emotional and practical help if needed. They are also free, so use them on-going as you need.

For more emotional/psychological support you can also call Supportline who offer confidential emotional support to reach people before they get to “crisis” point. They offer support by telephone, email and post. They work with callers to develop healthy, positive coping strategies, an inner feeling of strength and increased self-esteem to encourage healing, recovery and moving forward with life. They also keep details of counsellors, agencies and support groups throughout the UK. They cover a wide range of issues, including domestic abuse. They can also refer locally. You can contact them on 01708 765200.

Also, The Freedom Programme is an 11 or 12 week rolling programme which provides information about male violence to women. This programme identifies the tactics abusers use, the beliefs held by abusers, and the effects that domestic abuse can have on women and children. The Freedom Programme is for women who have experience of domestic abuse, be it in their personal or professional lives. You can start the programme at any time, and you can attend as many or as few sessions as you choose. Each session is entirely confidential, and you can contribute as much, or as little, of your own thoughts and experiences as you like. Many women find this a very useful support group as it is available to women whether they are experiencing current or past abuse. The Freedom Programme is run in many locations across the UK.

I hope this is useful to you. Do keep posting to let us know how you get on.

Take care,

Lisa

Sunshine 2022
      Participant

Hi everyone

Struggling with my emotions today. Hoping for some comfort from this forum.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi genericusername (I like your name 😁) welcome to the forum +also thanks for replying to the posts so soon after you joined, I completely agree I read a post from you on the lines of we have to put ourselves first and not sacrifice ourselves our wants and needs and do everything “we” want to do 1st, we’ve been doing it all back to front but we learn (it maybe the hard way) eventually we do and come out stronger 💜💛💜

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content