Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      minimeerkat
      Participant

have an old phone for some texts or calls never been involved with social media or anything so this is very new to me but I really would like to make a friend/s am very isolated here – its where the person was born & lived all his life got him out about (detail removed by Moderator) weeks ago lived with him (detail removed by Moderator) years depended on this person for absolutely everything due to problems with agoraphobia & fibromyalgia it would have killed this person to ask anyone for help so person sorted car/boiler/plumbing everything I was totally dependent on this person especially for my beloved (detail removed by Moderator) had them (detail removed by Moderator) years & before my physical health problems could look after them as they were mine before I met this person stuck it out especially the last 2 years of hell mainly because I knew my (detail removed by Moderator) would be ok the person knew I needed help with them especially taken a massive risk getting this person out & doing it all myself but I had no choice in the end am having big problems with all the lies told the last 2 years – now questioning the whole (detail removed by Moderator) years sorry if im not making sense thank you to anyone who might ‘listen’

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi minimeerkat,

I wanted to say welcome and see how you are doing since posting? It must have taken a lot of courage to post so I hope it has helped to share what you have been through and how you are feeling.

Well done for ending the relationship and taking huge steps towards a life without abuse. Are you in contact with your local support group for some ongoing emotional and practical support? If not then you can find local details via this link: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Try not to doubt yourself, the abuser is the only person responsible for their behaviour. Keep posting when you can to let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content