Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

It’s clear my ex b in law will be supporting my ex making me out to be liar , it’s horrible to think ex tried to kill me and they still cover them , feel sick thinking about it , he might just get away with it , what if no action is taken , police seem to be following everything so slowly , actually got told by police certain things won’t be informed to me , well why not I’m the victim , waiting for officer dealing with it to get in touch with me , apparently now a new officer is dealing with my case. Surely they supposed to keep me updated , some days I just think he will get away with it all , how do u over win these people

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Confused123

Sorry for what you are going through and its hard hearing lies about the horrors you’ve been through. Just keep being you, the police are giving your ex and ex b in law enough rope to hang themselves.

I have a police officer that I can contact directly as well as e-mail.

Hugs and stay strong.

FSxx

Ayanna
      Participant

The best thing to do is to ignore anyone who supports the abuser. Stay out of touch with everybody. I know what you go through because I suffered the same. I also had a change of detective and the process took forever. I felt left out all the time. I only met the detectives when there was a court hearing. During the other times I was left to myself. Another police officer dealt with pushing me to go to court and arrange court dates. This officer was available for discussions sometimes. I always heard that the detectives have an enormous case load and they do not have the time to be in touch with the victims.
      And yes, I had the impression that the courts do everything to let the abusers off lightly. I fought hard, but the outcome was not satisfying.
      Do not give up. Stand your ground. Fight. That is the only way he at least gets something, whatever it is as a punishment.

Serenity
      Participant

Keep those who don’t support you at a distance. You need to be around those who boost you.

Either your b in law has been brainwashed by your ex, or he is from the same mould, brought up in a family where it is excusable to abuse your partner.

Things do take time, and silence can be worrying, but don’t lose your nerve. Keep strong x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content