Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Suntree
      Participant

For the first time in years I have been able to walk some around places which caused me massive anxiety and not just as a one off. 🙂

It is amazing. I hoped I could, I had glimpses the old me who used to do this.

So far three times in a row, I have managed it long may continue. 🙂

I noticed when I realised I was calm and things were quiet and I wasn’t on hyper alert or scared of the quietness in my head. I actually took a moment to realise I had a quiet head and not the noisy swimming pool head I can get and my heart wasn’t beating like mad or my breaths short.

I wasn’t forcing on the smile, or feeling as though I was climbing to summit of Mount Everest. I could see everything around me and not feel as though the world was closing in.

I wasn’t exhausted from looking normal and trying to keep my anxiety under control.

Instead I was exhausted from just the normal effort of being there and doing stuff, because I could do so much more with the extra energy I had from not trying to let my head and body hijack me. That type of exhausted I can manage 🙂

Serenity
      Participant

That’s great, Suntree,

It’s wonderful when you suddenly realise how you have the strength to do things that beforehand would have been too much for you.

You’re healing! 💛

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content