Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      daisydream
      Participant

hi :)! it’s nearly (detail removed by moderator) years since I’ve left my controlling ex. it’s a very special day for me every year like a second birthday. there was a time when I didn’t think it would be possible to leave him so I’m super proud of myself. it’s hard to work and being a single mum and I feel lonely sometimes but it’s still 100 times better than being with him because I’m free from his control. I just wanted to share how I feel with someone and thought I can do it here 🙂

Eggshells
      Participant

Awww. Fantastic stuff Daisydream. A massive well done to you for all you have achieved. You’re an inspiration. Thank you for sharing with us. I’ll join you in a quiet celebration of freedom from abuse. 🥳

soxy
      Participant

Daisydream – that is so great to hear. Happy anniversary! xx

Secretlife
      Participant

Well done Daisy dream, that is great news, and it’s inspiring. Thank you for sharing x*x

daisydream
      Participant

Thank you everyone for your lovely messages :). It means a lot xx

Pinkypanther
      Participant

Well done you, thats amazing you should be so proud of yourself, one strong lady xx

Watersprite
      Participant

Amazing daisy dream what a brave journey you have travelled. I love this gonna celebrate my anniversary soon the day I left …like a new start another birthday a celebration of safety peace freedom truth and yeah occasionally lonely but hey a price so so worth paying x*x

ISOPeace
      Participant

I love you hear these positive posts, they’re so inspiring. You are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

And I love the idea of the anniversary of leaving. It feels like a celebration of your strength and courage and a reminder that it really was a big deal and you still did it.

It’s going to be a while until my first anniversary. Maybe in the first year I should do a monthly celebration 😊

Big hugs to you xxxx

Gazebo
      Participant

Well done 🙂 I hope one day to be in this position xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content