Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BakingQueen
      Participant

Feeling really good at the moment.

My situation has so many similarities with you all, emotional abuse, sometimes physical, the lies, the concern only for themselves and so on and so on.

When we broke up I was so angry. I wished he would do us all a favour and disappear out of my life for good. After counseling I don’t have those emotions anymore. I don’t hate him. I pity him to an extend and on the other hand I don’t care about him at all.

Usually it is the woman who is left in a horrible situation after being used. But he didn’t have a job and was controlling me by guilt tripping me into paying for everything (I couldn’t afford to keep the house afloat on my own but he didn’t care for that) I tried my best.

So when I left there was a tonne of debt (thankfully not in my name) and I feel no guilt what so ever about it. He sat on his bum and didn’t want to contribute knowing full well I couldn’t pay for everything alone.

He recently got a car out on finance (I have NO idea how they accepted his application). In his head I was holding back from living so I know why he got the car he did. To prove to himself I was the issue. Anyway, I have found out that not only is he struggling to pay for the car now, he hasn’t serviced any of the debts since I left and that was AGES ago! He has a tonne of court orders, bailiffs chasing him, companies and CSA applying to take payment directly from his earnings etc. It’s funny because he told our child not too long ago that “Daddy is going to get lots of money for our new house!” How!? HAHA!

I just sit here and smile. Is that bad? Because honestly I am enjoying the show.

White Rose
      Participant

No it’s not bad! ☺
      It never ceases to amaze me how dumb these guys can be. They think they are invincible but they’re not xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content