Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I am hugely restricted on what I can do (detail removed by moderator)

One of the main reasons that lo likes it at mine is she has a friend next door to play with (they are both at primary).

However, I’ve heard that her friend has been violent to his family. Do I take away the one friend she can play with here to keep her safe?

I know the correct answer is yes, but I worry that I alone am not enough for her. She has friends at her Dad’s and I worry that she will end up choosing him over me because I’m boring.

Part of keeping her safe involved not telling her what has been done to me, so she is in the huge brigade of people who think the sun shines out of my ex.

diymum@1
      Participant

In my experience it’s better to let kids experience real life. If this other child is primary age the parents should really be disciplining them but I guess that’s up to them. As long as your child knows what good and bad behaviour is. It’s really tempting to have them in kit gloves but if she is surrounded by a brigade off them as you said you really need to slowly prepare her. Give her the skills and teach her good morals. My parents engrained some stuff into me and it stuck xx like treat others as you would like to be treated xx what respect is – it prepares them to deal with anything they come up against xx and she will know she can tell you anything

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. My mother keeps saying I need to cut the apron strings, and lo does know acceptable behaviour.

I watched an Ozzie advert once where the girl was told it meant the boy liked her if he was mean and I don’t ever want lo to believe this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content