Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      RXRX
      Participant

Hi all finally getting my keys to my new place. I know I should be happy but I feel anxious on edge everything.

He has been on the phone continually, apologising, crying, saying he’ll change and things won’t be the same as before.

Any words of encouragement would be much appreciated…

KIP.
      Participant

You’re absolutely doing the right thing by getting your own place. Any contact with our abuser is toxic. It retraumatises us, confuses us, scares us. He is not your responsibility and if he hadn’t been abusive then you wouldn’t be in this position. He won’t change and I’m sure you’ve already given him chance after chance. He’s now trying emotional blackmail. What about what you want? Your feelings? Your decision? Try to shift your focus onto your wonderful new place. A blank page for you to fill. A home that feels safe and secure. You can do this. Block his number or get a new number for a new start x

Fudgecake
      Participant

This will be one of the best decisions you’ve ever made. Yes it will feel scary and yes you’ll feel anxious but believe me, these feelings will fade and you will be free of his manipulation and control. You can be you once more. Go ahead with your new, happy future and leave him and his toxicity behind. Here’s wishing you all the best xx

diymum@1
      Participant

make sure he dosent hooover and love bomb or emotionally blackmail you with playing the victim. its all an act and its a very common tactic they use. croc tears i call it 🙂

take care – keep going this is you get out card – you never know whats round the corner but remember life is full of bumps and curves im sure what next will be up lots of love diymum xxxx

diymum@1
      Participant

sorry about the typos! false nails! argh lol

Flowerchild
      Participant

Just one tip, RX darling; don’t give him your new address!

Well done. And don’t be afraid to give him a polite, “Too late, Goodbye,” when he calls. Better still change your number, but keep a record of his multiple calls in case you want to report him for harassment.

Good luck, and remember, you owe him nothing!

Flower x

RXRX
      Participant

Thank you all so much!

So I’m in and moved, well actually the house pretty bare but it’s mine and my kiddies new place so I’ve got everything I will ever need right here now.

As he’s currently being remanded I took the chance, he’s said (detail removed by moderator).
      He’s tried saying sorry, crying, he’s changed, everything. I know he won’t leave me alone when he gets out but I can deal with that. I’m not controlled by him no more!

Thank you all again so much 😘

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Congratulations on getting you and the little ones to your very own place, a safe place, a home 🙂 Don’t worry, it will soon enough be full of memories and things, the important part is indeed it’s yours, completely yours.

I bet he is really only worried about what people might think of HIM – let him be. You have done nothing to be ashamed of, in fact I think you’ve shown real bravery in taking this step so be proud of yourself 🙂

If he won’t leave you alone, think about taking out an order so you get that peace of mind or even involving the police as harassment. You deserve to live free of him x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content