Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Overcome
      Participant

Hi, needed to rant!

So, I am a (detail removed by moderator) which means the children are expected to still be in school. The ex is currently working away from home and has just called to have a little gas-lighting episode. He is expecting me to keep the kids off and stay at home with them! As he is still pretending that I don’t exist this was communicated through the children! The children told im they are still going to school and a relative of mine is taking care of them after school until I finish work. He really doesn’t like them taking care of the children, so this gave him a rage. He told the children they weren’t allowed and that it was dangerous! I said I am well aware of the rules thanks. He said well then take care of your children then! Like he hasn’t been away for (detail removed by moderator) doing what he likes! I nearly shared this on social media to call him out for being a horrible person in a time when we all need to come together.

But I didn’t, I came here to vent instead. Seems that these people will find any opportunity to try and get a bit of control or to try and make my life harder than it already is!

hop
      Participant

Well done for not turning to social media and a thousand well dones for not letting him bully you. I hope you’re really proud of yourself 💖

Cecile
      Participant

What a pathetic moron he sounds. What a cool calm and well balanced person you present through your post. 👍

Overcome
      Participant

I didnt feel it on the inside. Thanks for your replies ladies, this always feels like a safe space to vent. Hope you’re doing ok in the current situation x x

KIP.
      Participant

Abusers always work against us so if you had taken them out of school he would be raging about their lack of education. You can’t win so do what you want to do. If he was so concerned then he could have cancelled his trip or not gone into work. You not working leaves you even more vulnerable to him. It’s great you have outside support. Well done you. They’re always looking for a reaction so not giving him one will upset him even more. They hate to be ignored. They thrive on chaos and drama x

Overcome
      Participant

They sure do, KIP. If I didn’t know by now then I certainly do after yesterday! x x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content