Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    • #11287

      I saw another doctor today for my numerous health problems. She was angry that my GP does not arrange counselling for me and she is going to write them a letter. Another letter for me to build my case.
      I need physiotherapy because the violent abuse caused a lot of health damage to me. Not even that was arranged by my GP and they had requested this already last year.
      A few more months and I can take them to court for neglicence ….

    • #11301

      That is great, Ayanna.

      I changed to a different GP, as my previous one didn’t seem to care about anything.

      I was diagnosed with a painful condition ( resultant of stress- that is, him) and my previous GP said she could do no more for me. I changed to another surgery, where I was signposted to all kinds of help.

      It breaks my heart to hear that you need physiotherapy because of the abuse.

      I hope that you will get the right support from now on, and I don’t blame you for blowing the whistle. X

    • #11331

      I do not have much hope that I will get support and there is no other GP where I live. I actually have several serious health conditions as a result of the abuse and that consultant yesterday picked them up and refers me further. But without physiotherapy there will be no progress. She will also emphasize again that I need counselling. Another letter towards my case … It seems only a court order will make my GP work on what all the consultants want for me ….

    • #11338

      So awful you have been neglected like this, my experience with GP’ has been very negative, do hope you get the councelling and physio and that some action is taken in your complaint but they all seem to stick together and cover for each other. I have made several complaints at a local level and they just send you a bog standard letter which changes nothing , more people need to complain

    • #11350

      Complaining does not help. Legal action is the way forward.

    • #11355

      Ayana, I agree. Legal action is the way forward. It’s the only way people listen. Have you thought of suing your abuser to pay for your recovery. Did you claim criminal injuries compensation?

    • #11357

      No, I cannot. He does not have the financial resources.
      But I can get a no win no fee lawyer to sue doctors for clinical neglicence.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content