Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cecile
      Participant

I have been informed legally that he is refusing me access to more money from our savings. So far I have been walking on egg shells to prise it from him. I need a lump sum to pay to move my belongings, he doesn’t know I am going, planned for when he is away in a few weeks time. I have been told that legally I can have it on a “needs”basis which is c**p in a way as it is my money and I have to pay a solicitor to access it. Do I have to give a reason why I need it? If I have to say it’s for a removal van it will ruin everything. Anyone experienced this?

KIP.
      Participant

If it’s in a joint account I would go to the bank with my passport as id. and remove what I could. How are you paying your solicitor? Can you ask for money to pay your solicitor to take him to court to get access to half the savings which are yours. Faced with a big legal bill to fight it he may just give you half now? I’d ask for the money but not say what it’s for. Do you know if he’s spending lump sums on larger items. Is he living on a needs basis?

Cecile
      Participant

Haha great idea I will ask for money to take him to court!!

Why are these men so stupid, so utterly thick. He doubtless thinks this is really clever and strategic but in reality it is just costing both of thousands more. I will respond by requesting the financial audit of his accounts for the last five years.

KIP.
      Participant

👍😂

Cecile
      Participant

I am exhausted with all this. I have been just focusing on getting out safely and suffering his ongoing abuse For months, having to keep pleading for money that belongs to me which is in his accounts. I literally am at the end of my tether and cannot take a single second more. All my strength has been used up and I just w@nt to disappear.

KIP.
      Participant

Keep going and play him at his own game. As you say ask for a full audit of accounts and what money he is accessing. If it’s only the solicitor you have to persuade to give you money then you’re fleeing domestic abuse and he must not know what the money is for.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content