Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Greentea101
      Participant

I have FINALLY blocked my ex for real now – i spoke to him, i know i shouldn’t have, but now Ive blocked him for good. Hopefully i can learn to move on now. How do you stop loving the person? Im currently learning how to survive without him, today I managed to put clothes on without asking anyone else if it was ok/suitable to wear and wore make up for the first time in (detail removed by moderator)! for me this is big achievement as previously i was told what to wear etc

I feel sad, but im grieving for the “nice” person i lost within all of this. This forum has really helped! thank you all, I know i will come out this stronger than ever.

Wants To Help
      Participant

Sometimes you can’t just stop loving someone, but you can learn to live without them.

Taking back control of your life in your own time, bit by bit is what you are doing. You blocked him when you were ready to, you are wearing clothes of your choice now, getting your mojo back to put your make up on (I’ve not worn any since lock down and I’ve forgotten how to do it!) and come this Saturday you can go out for a drink / meal / coffee – Yay! (unless you live in Leicester 🙁 )

In time you may love him less, you may stop loving him at all, but you know you’re doing the right thing for you right now. Good on ya!

iliketea
      Participant

Well done @greentea101!! xx

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Great news Greentea101 – well done!
      You’re doing it, you’re getting there- step at a time xx

Greentea101
      Participant

Thank you all! Feeling a little stronger everyday 🙂 xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content