Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Purplewoman
      Participant

So fed up with soon to be ex husband. Currently at home. Husband manipulates the children. Had financially abused me for x number of years. He tales kids out in evening and refuses to tell me where he has been. Now solicitor is saying to stay in house as emontional abuse is hard to prove. I’m losing my mind with anxiety. (detail removed by Moderator)
      Has anyone just left house and how to negotiate child arrangements with an emontional abuser who uses kid’s to get back at me. I feel like I’m in a catch 22. The police can’t help me. He will keep youngest up till 10pm.
      Youngest refuses to listen to me and kids take his side in disagreements. So frustrating at every turn. Solicitor said he can get a court order to return to marital house. Husband refuses to leave house untill finances are done (detail removed by Moderator). What should I do? He is doing parental alienation. This is hard to prove, but I have logged most incidents. Trying to keep strong.

KIP.
      Participant

I secretly recorded my ex. But I think you should ring the helpline. He’s not going to stop using the children. Especially when he sees it upsets you. And he’s not going anywhere. Even after finances sorted. If he intended leaving he would have gone by now. I’m afraid it’s upto you to leave. Maybe rent somewhere meantime and get access agreed by a court. At least you can discipline your children without his nasty influence. Get in touch with your local women’s aid for support. Don’t underestimate him x

Purplewoman
      Participant

Thanks KIP for your advice. I’m so scared as oldest child has mobile and he may manipulate to get kids home. She is extremly loyal to her dad. I wouldnt put it past him. I don’t want to go to a refuge.Although I have thought about it. They have been brainwashed. I will try to rent somewhere asap. It’s just taking the leap of faith.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content