Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Free@lastxx
      Participant

Hi everyone I’m new here and really dont know where to start. I left my abusive partner of (removed by moderator) years (removed by moderator) weeks ago. He was arresed an removed from my home hes now veen released on bail why the police collect my medical records in order too charge him with his controlling cohersive behaviour and ABH threats to kill faulse imprisonment rape etc…I’m so proud iv put a stop to this and have given video evidence as well as my daughter. I’m so scared that il have to face him in court or that he will get off..I fear he will come after me.

hop
      Participant

Wow, that’s amazing and so brave! Try not to skip ahead to what the outcome may be. Just put everything you have into now and gathering your evidence. You should be so proud of yourself x*x

Free@lastxx
      Participant

Thank you I really appreciate your responese xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there well done and welcome to the sisterhood. You’ve been very courageous. I’d also recommend living here instead of in the future with still those different scenarios playing around in your head. Control the things you can, not the things you can’t, the universe has a way of taking care of that kind of stuff. In ways that make you go wow. There are provisions that can be put in place when and if you go to court.thats for the 0future not just right now. I know how it is, we are so used to doing things in a certain way, trying to second guess his reactions, but you have the professionals on your side now, you have us here advising you on what to ask, where to get information. Do what you can now, collect as much evidence as you can. Did you report him to your doctor, were you put on medication, were your children’s school aware of what was going on, did your children’s(child)behaviour change. There’s evidence there, it’s not always about pictures, have you any texts from him, though mine always kept his behaviour for the real world,didnt do texting. How did he react when angry, did he break doors, punch walls, break dishes. Are you in your own home or rented, why I’m asking is if he did any of that, it would’ve had to be repaired, even if he did it himself, did he buy materials to do so? Evidence is there, the not being able to sleep, the nightmares from all of you. There’s a lot to find when you really start sifting through it. Again welcome to the forum.
      IWMB 💞💞

Free@lastxx
      Participant

Hi I never told my doctor but attended hospital when he smashed a bottle over my head so there are records the have all texts school refuels to social care retrieved a golf club he swong at me taken pictures of the indented floor where the golf club hit etc.

Free@lastxx
      Participant

I also had and idva in the weeks leading up to ending it and have been engaged with my local da service all b4 I left.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content