Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      groovyleopard
      Participant

My ex text me recently apologising for his behaviour towards me. He never apologises, and normally plays the victim or the silent treatment. He said he loves me still and considers me his best friend. I don’t believe him. I sat on his message for a week, and text him back saying it felt weird without him. My anxiety has been through the roof this weekend. I Feel like its my mind punishing me for replying to him! I dread the weekends most of the time now, as we normally did everything together. Wish this feeling would pass, I’m finding it hard to let go completely.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It sounds like it is early days.

Try not to punish yourself, you are only human and it will take time for weekends to be different.

It is a grief process, despite the abuse and you may revisit that feeling sad thing. Until the feeling changes shape and you start looking forward to your independence.

Vanillastar
      Participant

Hi groovyleopard

I understand exactly how you feel. My ex has been texting telling me how much he loves me and misses me and that he is lost without me. I have been ignoring the majority of his texts and calls but then I saw him for literally a second over weekend and I found myself texting him telling him I missed him and still loved him although I have accepted that we cannot be together. It’s very difficult at times although you know your doing the right thing you gave that little glimmer of hope they may have miraculously changed. It’s a constant battle with yourself. Keep strong. Don’t be too hard on yourself and good luck xx

groovyleopard
        Participant

Thank you Vanillastar, hopefully we can both get through this xx

groovyleopard
        Participant

Thank you, I appreciate your response xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content