Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Soulsearcher18
      Participant

This is a significant time for me (I cannot give details).

So, I have put pen to paper. I have finally found words to describe my abuser- you will find this in ‘Life after abuse’ under ‘Warrior Cry’. This is a positive thing because I have actually, in my own way, managed to find the words to enable me to share my experiences.

But, I am further forward than this and, at this time, I also want to reflect on the lighter and joyful aspects of life after and recovery.

So, here goes. My promotion of freedom and life after:

L I V I N G

L – Love from my family and friends, I’m surrounded by it. I am reconnected with it. There are
      opportunities for new friendships and connections too.
      I – Individuality is respected and encouraged by those around me, my character is returning and
      developing.
      V – Vibrancy thrives in my life, my senses are awakened and restored- this is joyful. Visions, colours,
      sounds, taste and textures are invigorating.
      I – Inspired by others, nature, literature, music, film. I actively seek opportunities to learn and
      grow. I now have the confidence to do this.
      N – Nature is my medicine, my therapy, my being. I am un-apologetically at one with it. I find peace
      in it.
      G – Gregariously living life. My head is up, my shoulders back. I’m embracing the world and all it has
      to offer.

With thanks and best wishes to all of you in this community.

Soulsearcher

Beautifulday
      Participant

Thank you so much for sharing ! I love this xx

Lifebegins
      Participant

Fabulous! You give us hope xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

You are wonderfully supportive on this site to others and it is inspiring too to see you embracing your life again and enjoying all of the positives despite your previous trauma.

iliketea
      Participant

I LOVE this too! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for being so supportive on the forum too, your insights, words, kindness, all shines through, your soul, you’re not searching, you have it, right there, and its MASSIVE. xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ahhh, I love reading this…*Hugs*! So proud of you and what an inspiration you are! You’re a bright star that’s hard to miss. Very good to see you plugging into life and reconnecting with yourself. People are very lucky to have you in their lives, I know all of us here feel very lucky to call you our sister!

Eggshells
      Participant

Thank you soulsearcher. This gives me so much hope. It’s just what I needed right now.

Thank you for being such a wonderful support to us all. xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content