Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hetty
      Participant

So today I was out driving with my son in the car. I changed lanes and experienced road rage. This awful man was screaming angrily in his car at me, flashing his lights, beeping his horn, speeding up alongside me. I gracefully ignored him and felt so thankful that I was going home to my peaceful home with my pet and my child. My ex used to have terrible road rage. Just reminded me of how thankful I am to not be dealing with him. He would do this with me and my child in the car and scare the living day lights out of us, thinking we’d have an accident with his erratic driving.
      Has anyone else had moments like this? Reminded of how life used to be? Xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hetty,

Such an awful experience for you and your son. I hope you are both ok and you were able to enjoy the rest of your day in your peaceful home. Thank you for sharing with us.

Best wishes,

Lisa

gettingtired
      Participant

Hey Hetty, sorry that this happened. It’s horrible being raged at by an angry man when out driving. I have a bad habit of shouting back at them! I must stop that 😬
      I’m not out of it but I can imagine there are lots of reminders you may come across. I’m glad you didn’t feel too triggered by it.
      My partner doesn’t drive but I remember as a child being in the car with my Dad who could get nasty behind the wheel. I remember him driving 100mph on the motorway with me in the car. He actually got stopped by the police once. (detail removed by Moderator) Yet he has preached to me before about how he’s an experienced driver compared to me as he’s been on the road for many years 🙄
      Thank goodness you were able to return to your peaceful home 🥰
      Well done on staying calm towards the angry driver, great example for your son too for when he learns to drive later in life. Hope you’re both doing well. Xx

Hetty
        Participant

Was just so happy that the angry driver wasn’t going home to me (like my ex). We are doing good. Hope you are too ❤️

Watersprite
      Participant

YES ! Might have been my ex 😂 These days I feel for the family that lives with them and what they probably have to endure. freedom and calm – priceless x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content