Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I’d just like to say things do get better. Obviously there’s still ups and downs. I’m slowly getting my life on track two and a half years down the line. My PTSD symptoms are subsiding, I’m still anxious though. However I no longer feel unsafe, I’m not looking over my shoulder wherever I go. Things are looking up. The only advice I can give is to go completely no contact with your abuser if it’s at all possible. If you have children with your abuser then keep contact to an absolute minimum and only about child arrangements.

Life does start to improve when you start to believe your own worth.

Butterflyboo
      Participant

This is good to hear Dragonfly, agreed that no-contact is the way to go, took me a while to figure that out but it’s true x

Anonymous
      Inactive

i totally agree the no contact is the best healer. i changed my phone number only gave it to close friends and family. im lucky there is no kids involved. im not constantly looking at my phone and waiting to get a message.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content