Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Done-with-this
      Participant

Went out (detail removed by moderator) together. I bumped into a friend I hadn’t seen for ages so I stayed out and he went home. Promised he would leave door open. Only stayed less than an hour longer but sent me messages getting angry then said he’d locked me out! Got home and he had. My eldest eventually let me in. I told him that it was out of order and I just got a barrage of abuse – (detail removed by moderator) etc.

Hetty
      Participant

That’s your punishment for having a nice time. It’s such an awful way to live. I found there was never any point having it out with my ex. He thrived on the drama and it depleted all of my energy. My ex would sulk when I’d had a nice time or fight with me before I went out – just whatever he fancied at the time.
      It’s so hard not to lose yourself in these relationships. It becomes easier and less stressful to tow the line, but at what cost?! We get one precious life xx

Headspin
      Participant

Sorry to hear this, it really is so humiliating isn’t it? My husband did this to me a few years ago. A similar situation, I was out with friends (a rare event) having a meal, chatted for ages, one of the other husband’s gave us all a lift home, he is a relative, so not a threat to my husband. It was only about (removed by moderator) pm. I knocked on the door, nothing, began to feel very nervous, then rang my oldest child, who was about (removed by moderator) at the time. She let me in. He was lying in bed, awake, with a face like a thunder and I remember my stomach turning to water. I didn’t do it again for a long time, the punishment wasn’t worth it. I am truly so sad for you, it hasn’t got any better for me, except I’m so angry with myself for staying with the abuse.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content