Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dobby
      Participant

Hello. I have recently this month come out of a relationship where I was physically, mentally and sexually abused. I have so many unanswered questions, so many worries, my anxiety is through the roof, I’m scared, feel very much alone.
      I guess I’m going through a rollercoaster of emotions and thinking over and over and over and just wondering if it’s all normal, is what I’m experiencing what people do experience once coming out of relationships like mine was.
      I know deep down it wasn’t my fault but I still have a niggling voice (his voice) inside my head saying but if you’d tried harder, if you’d loved him more, if you’d have given him more attention it wouldn’t have happened. I don’t know how I should be feeling.
      I have been in contact with local agencies to help, my doctor has been fab but there’s no appointments available to see a counsellor yet. How do you cope? I guess it’s just day by day.
      Sorry for ranting on, hopefully this makes sense. And thank you x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Dobby

Welcome as you can see your not alone, you are doing all the right thing sadly it takes time.

Have you a local womans aid near you they gave me a support worker which was a great help, and if the run Freedom Group try and go.

Today I have finished my last session of counselling, I am a lot stronger and its help me a lot to process what I have been through and forgiving myself.

Post on here, the ladies are a font of knowledge that has help in on many levels.

FS xx

Dobby
      Participant

Thank you FS, that means a lot. I’ve been reading some of these threads and have found it shocking really how many of us are going trough this and how many people are out there damaging lives.
      i have been in touch with local support worker from women’s aid so hopefully going to meet her in person in the next week and hopefully take a step forward.
      Thank you.
      Take care x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content