Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Missbutterfly
      Participant

Hi,

I got married to the father of my young daughter (detail removed by Moderator) and we had the most amazing day. Fast forward (detail removed by Moderator) and my new husband had the windows of his van smashed (detail removed by Moderator). Due to the stress and pressure he ended up in hospital having surgery. We missed our honeymoon with our little daughter and I am struggling so badly. I left an abusive marriage (detail removed by Moderator) years ago and my ex husband and adult middle son have made my life hell. My adult son has tried to run my partner over witnessed by the police but he got away with it which he always does. What next? I am scared that my son will kill my new husband. Part of me wants to run away. I don’t know where to begin with the council as the perpetrator caught on camera of the van had a mask and gloves so there is no evidence for the police to persue. I am terrified and not sleeping at night x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Missbutterfly,

Thank you for sharing with us. I am so sorry to hear about what has happened, it sounds really distressing for both of you. Do you have any support with the ongoing abuse from your ex-husband and son? Victim Support have a free 24/7 Supportline (08 08 16 89 111) as well as a Live Chat service (https://www.victimsupport.org.uk/) which might be useful to you both.

I hope posting on here has helped, please do let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Eggshells
      Participant

Oh my goodness. I’m so sorry to hear this.

I can understand why you are so worried and also so upset to have your son tied up in the abuse too.

I’m afraid I don’t have any advice for you. Have the police given you any advice on how to keep yourselves safe?

Sending big hugs.

Watersprite
      Participant

This is so tough for you and frightening too. Are you still reporting to police? I know it can feel pointless and the perpetrators are being clever but logging each incident does show a pattern and also gives an assessment of risk so the correct measures are put into place. Have you got safety measures at home ? Have you got support from services and others? If not I would get back to them and be pretty demanding about your concerns and fears based on what is happening. I get the desire to run but I’ve run a few times but sometimes even that’s not enough and we’ve been found again. You must do what is best for you and your new family right now and take care of yourselves – this forum is a very supportive place I hope you find it so x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content