Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m desperate to get out of this cycle . We’ve been together a fair few years now and have children ,when I’ve managed to get him to split with me in the past he has made my life a living hell . Constant bombardments of texts , emails , I’ll block him and then he does the same to friends , family , he’ll say things to people to make me seem like I’m awful, also due to the kids just cutting ties completely isn’t possible . I have very few people I can turn to now as he’s isolated me over the years always making it so hard for me to see anyone. He also in the past when I’ve left him made things very difficult with the kids , putting things in their little heads making them sad about mummy not letting daddy home . This was some time ago and since then we’ve got back together . The problem now is it’s just so unbearable at home the tension is awful I worry my kids pick up on it and desperately want to split with him but I worry he will just screw my kids heads up when it is over . Plus he just will not leave. I ask him every week if he could please just leave, that it’s not working, but he just won’t do it . We are in a rented home and both on the tenancy so I can’t force it. I’m just so confused and feel there’s never going to be an end to this . Has anyone on here been in a similar situation with children ? I have no money I’m on benefits but can’t afford to just pack up and leave on my own right now and even if I did he will always cause me misery because he has the kids to keep me forever tied to him . Sorry for the long-winded message .. I just want to find some hope cos right now I feel there isn’t any x

peppa-pig
      Participant

Have u considered a refuge? I know it’s not a nice place to be but honestly they help u all so much,
      Call the national domestic abuse helpline they can help u and advise. You x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you peppa for your response 🙂
      As I’m not being physically abused in anyway – he’s never hit me or hurt the children I don’t think I’d be considered high risk enough for refuge ? I shall try and make contact with the domestic abuse line this week though , they may be able to support me in some way thank you x

peppa-pig
      Participant

Domestic abuse is not just physical,
      If u feel like You and your children are u safe and u can’t leave ur partner he best people to ring are them , they can send u I’m the right direction
      X

Anonymous
        Inactive

Ok I will try this , thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you . I will definitely try and get some help with all this . I have spoken to my local domestic abuse services in the past , I think I’ll try again soon xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content