Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Put the kettle on
      Participant

My ex is saying all sorts of lies about me and it seems the professionals involved believe him, he’s saying i was the abusive one and i made him do the things he did. He says I’m saying things to our child which I don’t and never would. He was violent and controlling and it feels like he’s still controlling my life. I feel so hopeless and like I’ll never be free of him. I have nightmares still about him.

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel … Put the kettle on,
      Unfortunately, this is all to common behaviour of abusers
      However now you are out you have your power back, so do not let him take that from you again.
      This is what you have to work to strengthen now, I’m not saying its easy to do and everyday I am still working on it myself… its like working a muscle at the gym but it is what you have to do to set yourself free
      As long as you are standing in your power and being true to yourself the universe will work with you. This will then give you strength to cope with his lies and the stronger you get the less they will have an impact on you.
      You will be free of him, but it is a journey. So do as much as you can to work on yourself, your self love, your self worth and your self respect, this will in turn strengthen your boundaries. And remember you are not walking this journey alone
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Put the kettle on
      Participant

Thank you Darcy, i feel so incredibly alone and like I’m not understood.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content