Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Worrywart
      Participant

hi Ladies, ive started to feel alone and lost one minute and then excitement because i’m free to do what i want it the next …is this normal should i have had these sort of feelings at the start of ending the relationship rather than a few months on ….i’m starting to feel jealous of his new love now for some reason i was not like this at the start ….strange …he is still standing by what he said about not having his son till he has seen doc, now my son is saying he don’t want to see him or stay at his any more because of what he said about him not being able to stay at his place, he could have him for the day couldn’t he if he was really worried about his minor ailment but he hasn’t even asked him if he wanted to or not …just excuses i think, he gave up his other two children from different women without looking back so….

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Hi there WW,

Sounds like he is just coming up with any excuse possible so as to not take responsibility for his choice doesn’t it. I mean, if he was that concerned he would be taking your son to a GP himself but instead he uses it as an excuse to not see his son while blaming you for not having taken him to a GP. It’s the perfect rationale for him, because he pushes the blame onto someone else while avoiding any parental responsibility. I really feel for you and your son in this, what an awful thing for a father to do. It’s no wonder that your son doesn’t want to see him.

I don’t think there is a roadmap of when we will feel things but rather it’s a rollercoaster where we will occasionally stop at certain emotions only to move onto another emotion. You aren’t alone WW. We are all here for you as are your children. But I understand the feeling, I feel alone too though not as lonely as I did at the start so there are changes and filling our days with things we enjoy doing helps with this – even if it doesn’t feel like much enjoyment in the beginning, sometimes it shines through. I’m really pleased to read you also have moments of feeling excited about your freedom, enjoy these moments and plan away at what you want to do and just revel in it. When you start making plans of what you want to do, maybe write them down so you can remind yourself when the rollercoaster stops at another emotion for a bit.

Keep posting xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content