Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Relieved
      Participant

My kids, dogs and I got in the car and drove to the seaside late in the day. We listened to Queen Greatest Hits on the way, all of us belting out the familiar songs, it was a gorgeous sunny evening, we ate chips on the beach and just hung out with the dogs watching the waves. It was a really lovely outing and I felt good for the first time in ages – I slept really well and the effect seemed to carry on into the next day – I got a lot done, threw some stuff out, had a tidy up – things I’ve been putting off. Pity it was short lived but it gave me some hope that I can enjoy simple pleasures again.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Relieved,

This sounds absolutely wonderful, well done for just going for it and creating a great day out for yourself, your children and your dogs! I love the seaside, such a great place for clearing the head. I wish I lived nearer to it! I’m going to the seaside myself soon for the day and am looking forward to it. Day trips out are excellent for self care and communicate to ourselves and the world that we are capable, worthy people who are continuing to live our lives despite everything we have been through.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content