Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Cecile
      Participant

And the court has not responded. I made the application on police advice as I am preparing to leave and risk factors are increasing. I paid £1000 all in to a solicitors firm to make the application.

The court has not responded. I began this process 3 weeks ago. The application was filed 8 days ago.

Is this abuse? By the courts? I think so.

KIP.
      Participant

Have you phoned the court to find out what’s going on?

KIP.
      Participant

Having been through similar it’s sad to say but it’s whoever shouts the loudest in my experience. I’d ring them and tell them you’re in extreme danger.

fizzylem
      Participant

Yes agree C, its the same in the nhs, its always the person that shouts loudest that gets the best care and put to the front of the line. Will be problems related to the court closures and transferring a new way of working on the phones and video links i imagine. That said they are operating for emergencies, ring the court x

Cecile
      Participant

well I contacted the relate service on DV, have to say it was very efficient. I was told that my local court has closed, the court dealing with it is another one.Tried to phone that one and it seems to be closed also. Seems chaos.the national domestic violence service (relate) seemed to think they should have replied promptly anyway. Who knows!
      Things are getting worse of course. He hurt both pets this morning, they yelped and ran to find me in another room. One was shaking for ages and cuddling into me, now they wont let me out of their sight. I cannot think of a single other thing to do.

ironically, I have been asked to return to work in a caring service to help women in need.

KIP.
      Participant

Check online to see if they have anything on their web page. If there’s a solicitor you’re using then chase them up. I had a reply sent to my solicitors office that went missing so chase them up too. Do not give up chasing till you get an answer. It could be sitting somewhere along the chain. Yes sadly this is the time where abuse will definitely escalate, their nasty little petty minded personality.

Cecile
      Participant

Lots on the news today on tv and other outlets about concerns for women locked up with abusers. And court backlogs/delays due to the crisis. Just circumstances……

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content