Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

Hi there,
      So after a while of being separated, doing mediation and beginning to feel protected. He has had to give back house keys and not allowed access to home. Having some space has been much better for my well being. But still a long way to go in terms of childcare arrangements, divorce and my recovery.
      It was such a toxic and controlling relationship I was not allowed to make decisions for myself or my children and now I have the freedom to do just that I am struggling. One example is I always wanted a microwave but he wouldn’t allow it, not even when I was weaning children and it would have made life so much easier. This is where I sound ridiculous as it isn’t a big problem at all compared to what others are experiencing but I keep looking at them in shop and I feel naughty for doing it. I can’t actually go through with it because it feels like a massive act of rebellion. I feed kids fresh all the time ( he would go nuts if I fed them chips or fast food) but I’m often eating a sandwich at night because it’s too much hassle to cook.
      Why am I struggling so much with something so small and unimportant? I don’t feel ready till do it but I’m annoyed with myself.
      My question I guess is really after coming out of an abusive relationship will I always doubt myself and my ability to make simple decisions?

Tiffany
      Participant

I hope you get your microwave. They aren’t perfect for everything, but God are they handy for reheating leftovers, making hot chocolate and those weird but delightful wheat filled heating packs.

Totally get the indecision thought. It took me several months of research to buy a new phone. I was terrified of getting the descision wrong. But although my phone may not be perfect, it works and does what I need it to. I imagine that most microwaves will do what you need them to do too. If your budget is tight then maybe try out a big furniture selling charity shop – if you have one in your area. Places like the British Heart Foundation will often sell electric goods fairly cheap, and they are all safety checked before they are sold, so it’s a fairly safe bet.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content