Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Hey, I know what a MARAC referral is but I’m unsure what happens after..

Will they contact him? Or just me?

Watersprite
      Participant

Hi – when they took mine to MARAC they never told him on either occasion that it was even happening. They will tell you the outcome after. I don’t know if they sometimes tell abusers. If it’s gone to MARAC you should have an IDVA – can you ask them? I was worried about it but actually it was just about professionals planning how to assist you keep safe. X*x

Cantmakedecisons
        Participant

Thank you for responding..

I’m panicking that they will tell him.

Watersprite
      Participant

Ask your IDVA – but keep in mind that the whole point is to help keep you safe. Like I said mine never knew. Deep breaths and reach out for support — they are tough times I know x

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I’m trying to but I cannot help the panic of him finding out that I’ve been in contact with DV services, it would be so awful!!! I’m open to help and advice but telling him would make my life hell beyond belief.

KIP.
      Participant

I’m sure they know the dangers of informing an abuser. They have to protect you too.

Watersprite
      Participant

If they have referred you to MARAC they have already identified you and yours as high risk- so they know already. If you are still worried talk to your IDVA if you can safely – I’m sure they will put your mind to rest. Keep focussing on moving forwards and getting safe with professionals support x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content