Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wildness
      Participant

Hi,
      I’ve called the police on my ex who smashed my home up and daughters phone, I didn’t press charges as pointless due past experience, however social worker from mash says as been (detail removed by moderator) he recommended social workers assessment? What does this actually mean? That they may be put on a plan? Or we be left alone ? This is making me ill.

Thanks

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Wildness,

Thanks for posting, I can understand why this is causing you anxiety. It’s scary when you don’t know what’s going to happen or feel that your life is being taken out of your control. Whilst it’s not possible for anyone to say what will happen as a result of the assessment, I’d like to suggest an organisation to contact for support in the hope that you may feel more informed and prepared.

The Family Rights Group have a lot of information on their website about what a social worker’s assessment means, and how best to approach it. They also have a Helpline you could call for independent, confidential advice on 0808 801 0366.

In general, the best approach is to be honest and open with social care. All they want to see is that you are doing the very best, in your power, to care for your children. The abuse that has occurred is the abusers fault. You just need to show that you are trying your best to protect your children from it. If you’re honest and are willing to accept support, their involvement could become a positive thing for you and your children.

Kind Regards and Keep Posting,

Lisa

Frankfurter
      Participant

Try not to panic Wildness, an assessment is just that. They want to see if you need any support. I know that where I was living a report of domestic violence always triggered a children’s services assessment.

shine bright 2
      Participant

Hi Wildness,
      Having been through this I would agree with Lisa’s comment. My kids were on a child protection plan, but it only came to that because I repeatedly declined to press charges and let him back in the home
      I think they will be looking at how you are protecting the kids. That’s their main concern.. The physical and emotional well being of the kids.
      It’s is definetely best to be honest and Co operative. People are scared of social workers. Some are better than others, but if I’m honest it was only when thing escualted massively that they took strong action.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content