Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      fridges
      Participant

Hello, ladies,
      Yesterday, I was not feeling too well and I decided to call my surgery, to ask if they can help me with therapy. From the rape centre, I’m on the waiting list for 9 months to get the consultations. My nurse asked me few questions and very quick said I will be contacted soon. Today I receive the letter that I’m referred to the mental health assessment service. Is anyone gone through the same process? Was it helpful to you?
      For me is very hard to open up about all, specially in front of people. But deep down I think I need to heal and therapy might help me.
      This site, the information here helped me to finally unfold what happened. The game was played, the mental abuse, before I was feeling very bad and confused, scared, but did not fully understand what was going on. Here I have got some kind of revolution happen in my head for understanding all, it started to make sense to me.
      How was your experience?

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi,
      So sorry about what you’ve been through. I know what you mean about finding it hard to open up about the abuse. I haven’t been through the assessment you mentioned, but have been to loads of counselling sessions over the years. Twice about the abuse. I can honestly say it was really tough going, but extremely helpful in the long run. It helps enormously with understanding what’s been happening and my reactions to his abuse, why I kept quiet and didn’t leave etc
      It’s not for everyone and you may find it’s too much, which is ok you can always try again later. But I would definitely give it a try. I and many others have found it extremely helpful. Good luck

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi fridges
      I was refered to mental health
      From the mental abuse my ex inflicted on me
      I was in a right mess .. I had to relive my past
      And what my ex did to me … I was diagnosed with ptsd .. I was told to continue with WA
      Therapy.. even though my mental health is still suffering to this day .. I remember asking my mental health worker am I crazy she said no
      That was a relive to hear …
      I was told to read a book breaking free

.. I’ve come a long way after leaving my abuser
      But the emotional scars still remain
      X

fridges
      Participant

Hello, ladies,
      Thank you very much for your support! I would try to do this, see how it will be for me.
      The worth experience was for me, I have trusted information about me to the abuser, when I thought he is genuine, plus with lies he got a hand to my phone, where he also looked all very private information about me, then found myself in the very bad situation, leaving in a huge fear, that I will be exposed, and he made clear to me I need to be nice to him!
      This even made me more to shut down, i never was easy to open up. But when my weak points where exploited for blackmail and put fear in me, and manipulate me to be “nice to him” or certain things will happen to me…. and be with the man, whom you really can not stand at all, you so forced in so many ways. And the way he used to go on me sexually, forcing himself on me. This what break me totally, and I have been through many things in life, but this really what finish me. As I thought he would never harm me! This doll life is over for me, I do not want to be a pretty doll anymore.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content