Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Melonballs
      Participant

Feeling so d****d confused and messed up.

I’m seeing abuse everywhere, and I mean evwrywhere. (Family, work etc)

And I know I’m being sucked back in by him, but I haven’t the guts to say no.

I’m waiting for a call back from a local counselling service to reconcile my past and try to make sense of myself.

Don’t know what I’m trying to say – having trouble articulating feelings into words!

Watersprite
      Participant

Sounds like still really early days and really difficult. Once you really get what has happened to you once you leave I agree you spot abusers everywhere and there are lots of them. Think that settles a bit with time as does everything. Amazing for reaching out for counselling I think the only way to get free is no contact. Look up trauma bonds as well explained everything to me. Stay strong x

Melonballs
      Participant

Thank you, lovely!

Trying to be strong, but we all know how charming , read smarmy 😉, they are when they want something!

I’m going to chase the counseling service too, if I haven’t heard back by Friday lunchtime .

I’ve read briefly on trauma bonds, but will look further into it.

(((Hugs)))

I love books
      Participant

Hi.
      I think I know what you mean I can’t articulate very well at moment.
      My brain feels like a washing machine.
      I left my partner very recently and I have lots of plans but can’t seem to implicate them.

I love books
      Participant

I feel like I am in shock do you feel like that ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content