Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      BakingQueen
      Participant

Without realising it, the meditation I have been doing over the past few weeks has made me more mindful to no end. I soak in the good times and really take notice of the sounds, smells and feelings around me. The wind in my hair, the smell of the grass, the feel of gravel beneath my feet.

I went on holiday recently and it was the best one yet. I truly broke away and gave my brain a rest. I didn’t think of my ex much, I didnt dwell on anything back home. I’ve come back refreshed.

It takes time, and I’m not out the tunnel yet, but I have to document when things are good to remember just how far I have come and that things are better than they were before.

Being mindful has helped me move on and to appreciate just how good being free is. Give it a go. There are plenty of apps out there. Its all part of self care. You deserve it!

Thanks for reading x

Sunflowersandstars
      Participant

That’s great! Glad you had a nice time,I’ve been struggling recently as thoughts keep coming to me and it’s extremely difficult to switch them off, I’m hoping once I start talking to a counsellor the thoughts will become less intense and I will be able to meditate again. Good for you, long may it continue 🙂
      SaS

KIP.
      Participant

I’ve noticed more and more local mindfulness classes. I might try one x

Ayanna
      Participant

Yes, you are right!
      Not that long ago I was completely unable to do mindfulness.
      But I have started doing it every now and then and it feels wonderful!
      It takes a while for the brain to calm down and regain the ability to live in the moment.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content