Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Watersprite
      Participant

I’m going to try and stop feeling ashamed of how long it took to leave and what I put up with to start feeling proud that I escaped with my life and children. I’m going to try and stop
      Feeling guilty what’s happened to my children and start feeling proud I have eventually got them safe and been a role model that has stood up and said enough – it’s not ok. I’m going to try and stop blaming myself and start blaming him.
      I’m going to try and stop harming myself and start taking care of myself.
      I’m going to try and stop living in fear and live my life courageously. Thank you for listening – baby steps

KIP.
      Participant

Someone once told me that if I carry the guilt then he doesn’t have to. It’s not your guilt to carry. Leaving an abuser takes great courage as does surviving abuse. Use that strength to forge ahead. Gather a support network and be very very kind to yourself. Be your own best friend. Write down three positive things each day, it helps to keep your mind positive x power to you x

diymum@1
      Participant

Have you had a look at Richard grannon fortress on you tube he covers this really well. How to basically decondition ourselves from thinking 🤔 like they programmed us to xx there are four parts to the tutorials I found them really helpful as far as my mind set xx tome for some new thinking ? Well done you your a survivor remember 🥰

Watersprite
      Participant

Thank you Kip – you are truly inspirational and your reply so helpful! This week is a big one can’t go into detail – I am taking back some power at last. diymum I’m so thankful for your suggestion – started watching already – it’s going to be helpful. You have both empowered me I will get his voice out of my head – it’s his guilt time for him to wear it. Thank you incredible survivors x

diymum@1
      Participant

you should be very proud i know i am we are stronger than strong remember xxxx

Chasingrainbows
      Participant

Watersprite it will be ok, you will be ok. You are a strong survivor like diymum@1 says. Baby steps is a good mantra. It sounds like you have you’re mindset in the right place right now to make progress. Keep going xx

Watersprite
      Participant

Thank you chasingrainbows x These amazing responses from the women here and the IDVA and a life-saving SW remind me how good most people are … you are the antidote to the poison that is him …. Thank you All! We are all stronger together X

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content