Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Kitkat44
      Participant

Hello you lovely lot!
      I was up Early today husband woke a bit later came down we were all ok, I was reading and then he broke something and went out without a word.
      I don’t know if I should call him and then I’m thinking what is going on for me that I feel so unsure of what to do.
      I’m wasting so much time and energy over something so silly.
      I’m glad he’s not here it’s much more chilled
      But I’ve no idea when he’ll be back, so that’s the thing isn’t it, I’m on edge not knowing where I stand or why.
      One step at a time, make lunch xx

Kitkat44
      Participant

Didn’t want to give too many details to avoid message needing moderating.
      It’s not replaceable. He was angry, no idea why. Came home a few hours later whistling and jolly. Been sat in front of his computer since. But would like a bbq for dinner.
      He’s broken all sorts around the house, dent in door bookshelves smashed remote etc. And if the children go and kick a door he gets furious.
      Xx

Escapee
      Participant

Hey KitKat

It sounds like a really worrying time for you. If he breaks stuff on purpose, throws things about and lashes out at doors etc then this is classes as a form of physical abuse, not to mention that it’s intimidating to both you and your children.

From personal experience, I’d say be watchful as it tends to escalate and can become physical towards you or the children.

Have you reached out to your local DA support?

Keep safe x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hey there KitKat, hope you’re okay. That feeling of not knowing what’s happened is very unsettling, just letting you know we’re here fir you.
      💞💞

Kitkat44
      Participant

Hi ladies,
      Thank you.pre lockdown I went to a DA support centre, they were lovely.
      We’ve been together since very young and have children, he has awful clashes with one (you would think Id run for the hills by now)but I’ve even unhappy and had a gut feeling about us for a few years but only recently become aware of how wrong his moods and outbursts are via a DA course I went on through work.
      I feel so sad that he has no idea how horrid his behaviour is. I expressed it calmly and reasonably once wondering if he’d ever felt intimidated by another human. His response was (removed by moderator).
      I asked casually what happened this morning “(removed by moderator)” that’s it.
      So he’s back on the computer.
      I’m done but can’t do anything to leave and yet also don’t want lockdown to end because then I have hard things to face and do.
      Really appreciate your support and replies
      Xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

As if that makes it alright. Yes knowing what we’ve to do, but with something outwith our control dictating when we do it, is a sort off breathing space, time to get you’re head around it and put things into practice kinda thing. When you decide what to do we’ll be beside you every step of the way. 💞💞

Escapee
      Participant

It can take a while to find the strength to take action. It’s very common; this is a scary and uncertain time in your life. We understand and get it.

As IWMB says….. we’re here x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content