Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Whoopsie
      Participant

Just been thinking this morning (ruminating more like)….

My ex had the biggest lack of empathy I’ve ever seen in a person. He really doesn’t care about people at all. But…. he seems to love animals?! He seems to have empathy for them? When ads come on tv asking to sponsor abused animals it seems to really annoy him. He shakes his head and says how it’s terrible how they are treated. He said his dream job would be something working with animals. Well he sometimes says that, he also has a million other careers he’d like to try too obviously….

But I’m just wondering how this can be? How can he treat people like they are nothing but get upset over animals? He abuses people relentlessly (I genuinely believe he’s a p********h he’s so devoid of emotion or conscience) yet somehow animals are off limits? It’s really confusing me. Anyone ever experienced the same?

KIP.
      Participant

Who knows what’s going on in their minds. I doubt even they do. I know my ex killed a cat to wipe the smile off my face but was critical of anyone else who behaved in a cruel manner. Like he was the only one entitled to be cruel. AS a p********h a big part of him has to pretend to be ‘normal’. What better way than to feign outrage at cruelty to animals. Because that’s what normal society would do. Maybe he’s just angry that someone else was having all the fun (in his head). Don’t waste your energy trying to work him out. Just know People like him are dangerous and not good for your health x

Lottieblue
      Participant

@whoopsie there’s a relatively recent thread about people’s abusers being vocally against others being abused – they express outrage and disgust when they see it happening to other people. A lot of people agree that this is a trait in their abuser.

I wonder if this is the same with yours. All you are seeing is his response to how other people treat animals, rather than how he treats them himself. As perplexing as seeing one’s abuser’s response to how other people treat their partners, standing so at odds with how they treat their own.

Beautifulday
      Participant

@whoopsie
      My H is the same!!!
      Hates cruelty to animals even to the point he “rescues” spiders and insects in the house and puts them out to the point of being obsessive about it.
      He gives to an animal charity each month yet is horrible to me, its just hypocritical

I think in a way its to make themselves seem caring and kind when in reality they are not. They are manipulative crafty people and always want to keep this image of being the nicest person. If people could see what he’s like to me behind closed doors !

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex loved animals. Never had a moment’s doubt about that.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content