Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

I woke today, lay in bed a while, felt the usual wave of…my life? What is it now? A year or so off the big birthday. I just have no vision of my future? After all this! It looks so empty, lonely, time restricted? Is this feeling, known to anyone else here?💞

KIP.
      Participant

Yes but it will pass. Abuse makes us think in a negative way but now I’m just so grateful I have a second chance. It’s taken a long time to change the way of thinking when abused. Try doing a positive board of all the things you would like to do, cut out picture from magazines of where you want to visit. Pictures of friends and family and colour schemes for your home. Write down three positive things every day that you’re grateful for and word hard at changing that mood. Have some mantras. One of my favourites was “today I CHOOSE to be happy!

KIP.
      Participant

Good morning to you too 💕

Hazydayz
        Participant

Good Morning KIP.Thankyou💐 your advice has shifted my mindset. You have given me some positive things to do and think about. Glad that it helped you move your life forward, I hope I can do the same using your ideas. Bless you 💕💞

Ebrunner
      Participant

I’m feeling you Hazydayz. That’s my life at the moment and has been for such a long time! I’m sorry it’s not a positive reply, just a “we’re in the same boat” kind of reply but sometimes it just helps to know that you’re not the only one and that it’s a normal reaction. I lay in bed every morning with a knot of fear in my stomach, trying to force myself to get up.

I’m relatively new to this forum and all I can say is, this is the best place to be when you’re feeling that way. The support and encouragement here is second to none.

Hope you start to feel better soon 😘.

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hi, Ebrumner and thanks for your reply. Sorry to read it’s how your feeling too. Check out my other reply from KIP. Well worth a try! Hope your soon feeling better too. This place is a Lifesaver isn’t it! I too joined fairly recently. Best wishes to you

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content