Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Summer1
      Participant

Does anyone else find Mother’s Day a particularly hard day? My daughter is too young to understand so can’t do anything for me and (detail removed by Moderator) my ex lied to me about where she was and left her with his gf. I stayed up all night crying and today I’m feeling emotional and sensitive to everything. I can’t help feeling let down by him and he will never acknowledge the day. I do not know why I am surprised by this but it’s always upsetting to me. Anyone else feel like this and how do you get through days like this?

Girlvoice
      Participant

absolutely my son is to young too and my resides with hi father ifel emotionaltoo

Sleepypigeon
      Participant

Hi, I also find mothers day very difficult and emotional. Especially today. I lost my mum a few years ago and really wish she was here as I could really use a hug from her right now x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi ,

You are a fantastic mother and I’m sorry you feel like this today. Try and do something just for you , a nice bubble bath or a walk outside.
      My ex wouldn’t acknowledge any eventful day for me, I went for years with no birthday or Christmas presents and Mother’s Day was just another day to clean after him.
      Today is the first day I’m pleased i don’t have to put a happy front that is ok I don’t matter in his eyes because he no longer matters to me.
      Give your babies a cuddle.
      Sending you hugs and love xx

Hetty
      Participant

I feel your pain. My child has been acting out so much recently and I’ve felt like a complete failure. Lockdown definitely doesn’t help the feelings of isolation. My mother figure passed away last year and while my biological mum is still around, she’s cold and distant. I woke up in floods of tears this morning. Christmas was the same.
      May we all find strength in knowing we are not alone and that better days will come ❤️

AderynDu
      Participant

To be a mother is so hard, to be a mother alone is even harder and to be a mother whilst coping with the pain of the past is the hardest. Sending lots of love and know you’re not alone, I’ve been feeling very emotional too today. This is not what I imagined for myself, that I would be holding it all alone…but here I am and I am still super grateful to be a mother.
      Knowing my ex is with his new girlfriend this weekend has definitely made things a bit more tense for me. I hate that he is already moving on into a new relationship and I am still trying to deal with all the emotional trauma whilst holding it all together for the kids. It’s so unfair…but I know that to have stayed would have been worse. Sending strength 💗

Summer1
      Participant

We did it ladies! We got through today and for that we should be proud. I am sending you all lots of love. Mother’s Day is always an emotional one for me and I attach a lot of expectations to it normally and my ex always used it as a way to hurt me purposely ruining special days. But this year I’m not going to let him hurt me, it’s the first year he’s been focused on his new relationship and I’m trying to take this as my time to be free and only think about me and my baby now. I hope you are all safe and okay x

Summer1
      Participant

Thank you for letting me know I’m not alone. It’s made a tough day more bearable. I’m always here for a chat if anyone needs it x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content