Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Managing111@
      Participant

Ok been on a date today with someone I’d known for years,Felt quite guilty but it reminded me that things can be normal.But all i keep thinking is,is it to soon to jump into another relationship?Is it because I just need to be loved and then what if it all turns to Pooh again 😬

Grey Rock
      Participant

Well, firstly, you have no need to feel guilty. You are a free woman and a grown up and at liberty to date who you like.

Whether it’s too soon only you can say. I know I rushed into dating too soon though. I think I was looking for a distraction from my thoughts and feelings. Those early dates didn’t leave me feeling so great. That said, I them just saw a very old friend regularly as pals for a while (I joined his bubble in lockdown so we would both have company rather than be alone – he was a very supportive friend) and a couple of years on we’re now a couple and set to move in together later this year.

If this is an old friend perhaps you can explain that you’re not ready for anything too much at the moment but enjoy his company if that’s how you’re feeling? It’s okay to have boundaries. And it’s okay to change your mind about things too. Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just see how it goes, if you’ve known them a while then you know what they’re like, what if it turns into the best thing ever! You’ve a right to be loved, being in what you were in you probably didn’t experience much genuine love at all, see how it goes 🌺🌷🌺

gettingtired
      Participant

I’d maybe make it clear you need to take things very slowly (due to your past but I wouldn’t divulge details) and do things at your own pace. If they try to rush you or your gut instinct feels off then I think that’s your answer xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content