Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #127731

      I’m looking to move to another part of the country. Downside… social services are involved.

      I have tried getting legal advice but was told they couldn’t tell me much based on the fact they didn’t know much about the case and it was best to speak to the social worker.

      Has anyone moved away while children’s services have been involved?
      Can anybody offer advice on my rights? Am I allowed to move? Will children’s services get police involved if I do? Would it be a simple transfer between local authorities?

      Any piece of advice or information will be helpful

    • #127768

      Hello – I hope you are ok. Others have had different experiences but social services saved our lives. My experience was that by being completely honest and working with them meant they really helped us leaving the abuser. They certainly may consider involving police if they don’t know where you have gone as they are involved and have a duty of care towards your children. But sounds like you have left and so you also are working so so hard to get your children and yourself safe and away. In my case honesty and prioritising my children paid off and they helped so much. I really wish you well I know how stressful this is but you can and will make a bright safe free future for you and your family x

    • #127778

      Hi ilovestrawberries,

      I’m sorry you are going through this.
      Does your children’s father have parental responsibility? He’ll have parental responsibility if he is on the birth certificates. If yes, then I think you will need legal help to get permission to move away. But I’m not sure.
      Hopefully someone else can help.
      I looked into moving away when I separated from my ex because the situation was escalating and I the stress was causing health problems for me. Getting a non molestation order helped a bit

    • #127784

      To be honest if it’s not outside your own country it’s fine moving abroad would be totally different xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content