Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      White Rose
      Participant

I think I’ve severed the last physical tie with him (apart from our child that is!).
      He loved cars. We always had a fantastic family car which he drove, and then there was the Cinderella of the family that I drove.
      A while ago I traded in my old banger he’d chosen for me years ago a significantly younger model. A make and model I chose in a colour I wanted, I sorted the finance too – he always said I was useless with money forgetting I’d lived half my adult life before he stepped in and took over.
      I love it.
      It’s also got the added advantage he can no longer recognise my car as I drive round town.
      I’ve posted a lot recently about my anxiety and I had more than a few sleepless nights over this, but now I’ve moved forward a bit more and proved my ability to survive without him I’m feeling a lot calmer.
      We can do this! It just takes time xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi White Rose, what an uplifting positive post. My husband is ALWAYS particular in reminding me that he pays for my car so if i leave to make sure i leave the car keys. It’s never bothered me that id b without a car but, its dawned on me recently that id get one on my own merits even tho i have credit issues, everything is surmountable, we just have to believe in ourselves. i have a wee mantra the now,,, ‘not everything sucks’

Freedomwarrior
      Participant

Hi white Rose you sound inspirational .You are quite right it does take time to heal and get back to your old self but you sound in a good place and I aM proud of how far you have come well done you x

We just can’t let these dominating abusive people win.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content