Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      honeyuh
      Participant

Since breaking it off completely with my abusive ex I have naturally found it hard to trust people, but also to connect with people romantically. However, in the past couple of weeks, I began to speak to an ex (a very lovely one) who was actually my first love. We kind have stayed in contact since we broke up and he knows about what happened with my ex. He is so lovely and I’m finally beginning to feel like I am not broken. We broke up because it just wasn’t the right timing and I think now it might be. I obviously am not 100% ready and I accept that and so does he. He is allowing me to feel a bit more normal and he is very respectful. I think this is a good thing because I have not felt this comfortable openly flirting with a guy who I am interested in dating.
      I know he is interested, I mean he doesn’t hide it well and I am willing to try again. However, it is going to have to go extremely slowly and I don’t think I will even think of asking him out until I feel 100% like it is going to work. But I’m trusting again and that is a step in the right direction.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Honeyuh, I’m truly happy for you. Your post has made me smile. I hope things really work out for you💜💛

IWMB 💕💕

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content