Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

3rd time lucky I guess. He didn’t tell the children and none of his family were present. How low must he stoop?

maddog
      Participant

Poor woman. This isn’t about love. It’s about money and politics which ultimately boils down to power and control.

KIP.
      Participant

Yep. My ex remarried quickly. That’s what they do. Hooks in the next victim as soon as possible. Good riddance to bad rubbish x

KIP.
      Participant

3rd time for him too. Not sure about the third time luckily. Definitely not lucky for her.

maddog
      Participant

The idiot divorced me, not the children. The children found out through their (detail removed by moderator), poor woman. She knows he abandoned them yet still believes she has some control in the situation. She doesn’t.

maddog
      Participant

The children are mini-me’s of him.

KIP.
      Participant

She’s in the honeymoon phase just like we were. It won’t take long now they’re married for his real self to show. He will be lying to her too. He will see the kids when it’s to his advantage. But just shows where his priorities lie.

maddog
      Participant

I very much doubt that our children would want to see him. They seem to understand that they have no agency in his life and venting their anger against him is a waste of time. It makes it pretty awful for me.

He uses his adult children for fuel when he needs it. It’s sad that one in particular is still fighting to have some kind of relationship with him.

The children are very angry. I’m getting the brunt of it.

If it’s the same woman he’s been dating for a while, she knows what she’s getting into and is ignoring the massive red flags. I wonder if she’s noticed her friends slipping away and she will now be standing up for his appalling behaviour. A marriage of convenience.

KIP.
      Participant

My ex new wife was the same. He was detained at her house and she still blamed me. We know what they’re like. Just concentrate on you x

maddog
      Participant

Yes, it’s time to concentrate on me!

My ex made a big mistake by reporting something that didn’t happen to the police. It’s sad that he’s so led by cowardice.

The rest of his extended X*X is problematic. Much as I’d like the children to maintain a relationship, I feel very triggered by their glass-tinted spectacles. It won’t be easy for the children to have an honest relationship if their experience isn’t believed or has to be treated as taboo.

Bad things happen to good people and vice versa. Any family every now and again throws up a horrible person. Is it better to pretend these people don’t exist or didn’t do what they did, or to have a safe place to discuss what has happened? You can’t keep pretending that everything’s rosy in the garden when the gate is blocked by a triffid.

KIP.
      Participant

I think it all has to be out in the open but some people refuse to accept the truth and it’s easier to victim blame. All we can do is hold onto the truth and refuse to back down. Showing them they don’t need to accept abuse from anyone x

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content