Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

My sister moved to another country hundred miles from here.
      She has harassed me beginning this year and since then I was always worried that she would come back to my flat to harass me some more. I was on constant alert, having the number of the police at hand in case she would ever show up here again.
      Now she has informed me that she has moved. I feel big relief. I am also very sad that we didn’t end in good terms. I am always the one making it right with everyone. I am fighting the urge to make the first step again, towards her. Because the reality is that she is not sorry for what she did. She never tried to make it better after harassing me. She never apologised. I have to believe that she is not interested in making it all better and that she thinks she is entitled to treat me the way she did.
      I did not contact her.
      I wished her well in my heart, wishing her well for her new chapter in her life.
      But I am relieved. I won’t ever have to worry again to cross path with her in the city I live in. She is gone.

KIP.
      Participant

Please don’t feel guilty. Unfortunately we cannot choose our family but we can choose who we allow in our lives. Dont be too quick to believe her though. It’s the sort of thing my ex would lie about to try and hook me back in. It’s nice that you wish her well in your heart. I’ve had to do the same to close family members after their abusive behaviour. At first I felt really guilty but then as time went by I realised that I deserve better and so do you. You did the right thing not to respond x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you so much for your support KIP.
      I hadn’t considered she might be lying. I never get use to the wickedness of these kind of people.
      If it is a lie it backfired on her. Because not only was I strong enough not to respond to her but I got closure as well.
      Onwards and upwards 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content