Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

For many years my partner gets something and bangs it of the floor I use this as an example geting a cup and banging it of the floor or (detail removed by moderator) with his hand or standing behind doors so when we come out of a different place in our house he trys to make us jump . I never get this around my head doing things like this makes my heart race I now what I expect from him so now I dont hardy jump but my heart still races this is really immature thing to do . What love does he get doing this ? If we dont react to it that really gets to him but by any chance there is a day where I dont think his going to do this it does make me jump I dont think my partner has grown up yet . Is this to get our attention or just a form of control he nows he makes us jump this is why his doing it . He says he be nothing with out me and my children he says this when his geting abusive but this is not going to help me to even stay the more abusive he gives the more his pulling me away from him . Has anyone of you ladys experience the same as me because it’s just shocking what my partner even does .

Living Warrior
      Participant

it sounds to me like a control thing. He likes to make you feel “on edge”. The average household, is a calm, relaxed space, where people feel loved, respected and wanted. somewhere that people feel safe!

this type of behaviour that you describe- is the opposite of that. It seems like he “gets off” on you all being on edge, wondering what will happen next. Many abusive spaces are like this. We need to feel at ease to rest, to be able to process and repair our bodies for the next day. If you cannot rest then you get tired, and eventually you are too tired to argue or fight back.

stay safe my angel. x

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you liveing warrior for reaching out to me it horrible that he wants us all to feel on edge I try my best to relax because of have rapid pupltatons in my heart because of my partner abuse he finds it funny that his makeing us jump. I am really tired of this has been going on for years and I now his not going to stop it even thoe he has breaks he puts us on surprise when he starts doing it again.

Sending you love and light

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content