Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      CosmosIdealology
      Participant

Rape is such an ugly word and it has destroyed my life completely. I don’t know what to do or how to feel except I feel empty and alone even though I have a amazing new boyfriend who makes me feel safe but even he can’t take away the feeling of being numb from it all. I recently started a claim for compensation in the hope I will get recognition of what he did to me.

KIP.
      Participant

Are you receiving counselling? Rape crisis have a great helpline if you need to talk to someone. Starting a claim is very brave but keeps you locked in the trauma. So outside counselling is really important. Holding him accountable in this way is really empowering but there’s a price mentally to pay for staying in that zone. You won’t always feel this way. Each time you have to revisit through the claim or anything connected to the rape it will retraumatise you. We move on from the act of rape but the trauma we retain is equally as devastating. So hang in there. Take baby steps and gather a support network around you. Power to you and I hope you get the result you want. Let him sweat as his repugnant behaviour is exposed for the world to see x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content